I was looking out the window and I saw a couple of little birds. These birds were different from anything I've ever seen in my yard before. They were small little birds with blue heads. I ran and grabbed my camera. When I got back to the window they had moved away a little farther, but I had my telephoto lens on and got a few shots. When I zoomed in they were more than a little blue. They had blue backs and tails as well. A very pretty bird if you ask me.
This is a picture I got off the Internet that identified the bird as a Red-flanked Bluetail.
It's not exact but very similar. I know my picture is blurry, I had to really crop it to get a good look. What do you think?

This is a picture I got off the Internet that identified the bird as a Red-flanked Bluetail.
It's not exact but very similar. I know my picture is blurry, I had to really crop it to get a good look. What do you think?
3 comments:
I've never seen those around, either! :) Hmmm... Becoming a bird watcher, eh? I think you're right though, that looks pretty close!
looks like the same kind of bird to me!!! So I told my mom that at the family reunion we are probably going to have to make teams instead of just doing family because Travis will be the only one there. That makes me sad, I wish they could all be there, but I know they are doing what's best for their families. Sounds like Melissa is starting to get a little homesick. It'll be nice when they get back.
Okay, Jake found the real name of this bird. It is a Lazuli Bunting. I t is a very common bird here in the west, which is weird, because I have lived here my whole life and never seen one. well, I've never noticed one before. Good job Jake!
Post a Comment