CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Busy Summer Day

A lady in our ward had a great crop of pie cherries this year and called me to see if I would like some. I had decided earlier that I would take anything offered this year because we didn't have baseball this summer, so I decided to try them out. She had a really easy pie filling recipe that Chet LOVES!!! Which is way different from my rhubarb experience I had earlier this year. It is "the pits" to pit the cherries. The first time I made the filling I had Chet to help me, and he pitted all of the cherries. The next time Melissa and I did them together and I guess I should have watched Chet a little closer because I found out later that I didn't put the gasket in the machine, needless to say I couldn't get it to work and so Melissa and I pitted the cherries by hand. At least we know they are completely pit free :)

This is one of the trees we picked from and yes I was brave and climbed to the top of this ladder, although I didn't like it very well. I really don't like heights. I had to try out the pie filling on a couple of pies already. We now enough cherry pie filling for ten pies.




0 comments: