Today I was babysitting the girls, the usual Wednesday, fed them breakfast then hurried to get them ready so that we could go to the story time at the library. I had just finished fixing both of the girls hair and was sitting at the kitchen table putting on my makeup and Melissa called. I told her how Madi had been getting into everything this morning...unrolling the toilet paper to the end... emptying a cupboard...eating cat food... climbing up on a chair and spilling water all over herself.. yah it goes on . Anyways, I had just got off the phone and I heard her hit the bottom of our stairs. She didn't fall down the stairs, she rolled under our banister and free fell about 8 feet, then hit the stairs and rolled down another 4 stairs the the basement floor. I was horrified to say the least. I didn't even dare pick her up until I made sure she was moving all her limbs. She was crying really hard so my first instinct was to pick her up. I had to resist. When I did finally pick her up she was sort of limp and really hot. I just held her and tried to soothe her. She finally calmed down and wanted to sleep. I didn't know if I should let her. I had called her mom right after she fell. When she got there we loaded up to take her to the hospital. Chet showed up and gave her a priesthood blessing and then we knew she would be alright. We spent about 5 hours in the ER. They x-rayed and did a bunched of tests and decided she was okay. She is extremely sore and has a hard time walking because she has a really bad bruise on her thigh. So hopefully nothing else comes up.
As I write this Chet is fixing the banister so that she , or any of our other future grand kids will never fall again. It's only 6" clearance but she is small for her age and she just slide through it. Heavenly Father was really looking out for us today!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Pretty scary!
Posted by Debbie at 7:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is so scary! I can't believe she fit through that little hole!
I can't believe she did either. It is a miracle the she wasn't seriously hurt. Melissa took her back to the doctor for a follow up the next day and the doctor was amazed that she was doing so well. He confessed to Melissa that he was really scared for Madison, but he didn't want to scare her even more, by telling her that. He said it was nothing short of a miracle.
I can't believe she did either. It is a miracle the she wasn't seriously hurt. Melissa took her back to the doctor for a follow up the next day and the doctor was amazed that she was doing so well. He confessed to Melissa that he was really scared for Madison, but he didn't want to scare her even more, by telling her that. He said it was nothing short of a miracle.
I am so glad taht she is ok. I know she must have been attended by angels.
Post a Comment