My Grandpa Shipley passed away early yesterday morning. It is a blessing for him to finally go. The family had to put him in an assisted living facility about 4 months ago. He has not liked it. He was 94 years old and had lived on his own until that point. This is a 5 generation picture we got this past summer with my dad and Melissa and Bailey. I'm sure glad we were able to get it . I am also glad that I was able to know my grandfather for as long as I was. He was a great father and grandfather. I am really blessed to have been born into his family. I know he is happy now and with my grandma, who passed away almost 23 years ago. Monday, February 25, 2008
Goodbye to my Grandpa
My Grandpa Shipley passed away early yesterday morning. It is a blessing for him to finally go. The family had to put him in an assisted living facility about 4 months ago. He has not liked it. He was 94 years old and had lived on his own until that point. This is a 5 generation picture we got this past summer with my dad and Melissa and Bailey. I'm sure glad we were able to get it . I am also glad that I was able to know my grandfather for as long as I was. He was a great father and grandfather. I am really blessed to have been born into his family. I know he is happy now and with my grandma, who passed away almost 23 years ago. Posted by Debbie at 12:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love the 5 generation picture. That is one you can treasure. I'm glad you were able to get it before Grandpa died. Thanks for sending my your blog website. It looks great. I'll see you soon. Larry
Post a Comment