This spring a couple of my friends and I decided to start walking again. We used to do it about 3 or 4 years ago, but quit for various reasons. We walk 3 miles in about an hours time, when we quit before it was down to about 40-45 mins. So we have room for improvement. I think this is good for us both physically and emotionally! One of my friends has her husband in Afghanistan. He is there until next February or so. Then I have had Chet gone since the middle of April, so it gives us time to vent , or just talk and listen to each others daily trials. I think sometimes just getting things off our chest lets us let things go. Sometimes putting our feeling into words puts a new prospective on it and lets us deal with the issue in a different way. So, I really enjoy the walks. Thanks walking buddies!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Mom, I'm glad you have good friends. :) You've always been blessed with good friends, at home and far away... :) They have been a big blessing... I'm glad they are taking care of you. (Sort of wish I had a walking buddy! LOL)
I know I want a walking buddy too, I do it on my own. IT also feels good to beable to talk to someone. Problems just don't seem as big when someone else knows too
I call my walking buddies my "apron friends". You all wear fictitious aprons to catch all the junk you talk about, then when you are done walking/talking you shake your aprons and "wallaa" all the junk is gone. Sometimes we would preface our remarks as this is an "apron issue" then we knew it was to be discussed in the moment and not taken home.
:) Keep movin... put one foot in front of the other....... :)
Good Idea Dee! I'll have to tell them your idea!
I totally know how you feel! Since I've been married I haven't had close friends and now I have some really great friends that I see a couple times throughout the week we workout together, do card clubs have play dates with the kids and even do lunch. I have no idea how I made it this long without friends. Good thing I have always had a close family to help me out. It's just nice to have someone when family lives far away!
Post a Comment