CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 2, 2009

A Trip to the Middle Fork

We decided to take a trip to the Salmon River this year. We heard that the steelhead run is one of the best in years. Here's a picture of the fisher"people". They only caught 2 fish, both had to be turned back. Sad I know, but we sure made some good memories. We also reminisced about past trips and our grandparents who lived down the river much of the time. My Grandpa Myers was know as the mayor of the Middle Fork. He sure knew a lot about catching steelhead.
Chet and Ted just hanging out on the other side of the river. Ted ran out of lures and such so he was taking a break here.
Mom and Dad in front of sarge's cabin.



Chet and I trying to recreate a picture of us 26 years ago. I think we've changed quite a bit since then


I took this picture because my Grandma Myers use to tell us that this rock is going to fall someday. I'm sure it will, but who knows when.




Shelly and Ted at the end of the road. It was a beautiful day on Halloween.




This is Halloween morning as the clouds lifted off the mountains. It kinda fit the mood of Halloween, don't you think?







We passed these mountain sheep on the way in. This is the closest we got to the sheep but we did get to see quite a few of them. We even saw a couple of "legal" rams.









Another shot of sarge's cabin right at the middle fork.










We got a young fisherman to take this picture for us so that we could get the whole group in a shot. We look a little tired and yes I was glad to get home to my soft bed and warm home. I love the mountains, but I also love wide open spaces and the Middle Fork is pretty closed in with the tall mountains. You can see the sun for only about 2 1/2 to 3 hours a day and that's if the sun is shining.




5 comments:

delilas said...

Fun to see pictures of your family having fun together. How is your Dad doing?

Becci and Josh said...

mom said you guys had a lot of fun. I know it was probably a nice break from real life for everyone! It looks beautiful up there!

Anonymous said...

Who is 'Sarge'? That picture of you and Dad is cute, I love it. : ) You guys HAVE changed in the last 26 years, for the better! Love you guys, glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything, Deb

Nikki and Devin said...

Mom told me you took lots of pics. I'm glad to see them, although mom says it's so beautiful that pics can't even start to show you, but they look beautiful. I love the pic of you and chet...very cute!