CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Camping at Wildhorse

We decided at the last moment to take one camping trip this year before I started grain harvest. We went with some friends to the favorite spot, Wildhorse. It has to be one of the prettiest spots we have went. The mountains are so rugged and green. The creek runs really cold too, so the fish are nice and firm. Melissa and Paul went with us as well. Madi actually was really good for as young as she is. We took a little walk and she got to see a couple of wood peckers really close up. They were not scared of us at all. She got a big kick out of them. Here is Bailey getting one of several rides on the four wheeler. She really like to ride them, I think Paul had a good time too.

This is Travis right after he had a "dip" in the creek. He was a little pink from being so cold. It felt good to cool off though. I missed a really good picture of several of the guys sitting in the creek with water clear up to their chins. The wouldn't get back in for me to take a picture, they said it was too cold.

We took a little pool so that the little ones could cool off too and have some fun in the water.
Bailey had so much fun that day that she was totally exhausted by 7:30 that night and missed out on smores that night, I hope we get to go again so she can roast a marshmellow.

We are so blessed to live in the land we live in. I am so thankful for all those who have fought for our freedoms and rights. That worked so hard to make our desert home a beautiful place to live.I hope and pray we can continue to enjoy these freedoms and this beautiful land our Heavenly Father has given us, that our child and grandchildren can enjoy what we have enjoyed. I hope I can do my best to continue what our forefathers started and make our community and country a better place to live.



2 comments:

Becci and Josh said...

Looks like fun! We missed you guys at the shipley reunion!!

K.J. said...

oh man! i just barely got on to catch up and it looks like you guys are having a blast this summer!! I'm jealous! haha