
Chet and I took a little road trip last week, in a semi....yea not my favorite way to go on a trip, but I have to say I have seen a lot of country that way, well, what you can see from the interstate. This is the view I got to see the most... and my favorite, especially since he was gone for two months. I really realize now how much I need him around. What is the saying ,,,, "absences makes the heart grow fonder". It is so true!!!

Anyways, it took us 3 days to get to Miami, Florida. We took a load of Wada potatoes to Winn-Dixie. We went through St. Louis, Missouri on the way. This is a picture outside the stadium of the St. Louis Cardinals. It is the first base side, I had to hurry and click this shot so it is a little blurry.

And this abandoned building is on the other side if the interstate.

It rained almost the whole time we were in Florida. We arrived at the Winn-Dixie distribution center a little after midnight. We had a 7:00 am unloading time and it took us 2 hours to get unloaded. Then we booked it for a small town near Tampa to pickup a load of orange juice. We took a U.S. highway up the middle of Florida, were not many people live , the Florida Everglades. It was fun to see a different part of the state. When you travel the interstates they have trees planted almost the whole way. We got to see citrus orchards, and lots of swamp land. I'm amazed that they can build roads through some of them places. There were excursions you could go on and look for gators, and lots of camping places. I don't think I would like to camp there, to many bugs! I'll take our mountains anytime. They have lakes to camp at instead of creek in the mountains. This is a picture I snapped of the water tower in Pensacola. I wish I would of taken some pictures of the everglade, I was really looking for a gator but never saw one.

This is a bridge similar to one we have here in Blackfoot, but much BIGGER! It is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. And yes it is still raining. It actually rained on us for two days. I bet it was because of the hurricane they had in the gulf. Chet said it's just like that all the time, well for this year. He left Louisiana three weeks ago and he talked to a guy that is still trying to work there and he said he had only worked 1.5 days since Chet left. I'm glad he didn't try to wait out the rain! We went through Oklahoma City and got to stop and see Melissa and her family for about 7 hours. I was sure good to see them! And man are them girls growing up! It was so fun to play with them and see their expressions when they talk. I talk to them on the phone all the time, but I sure miss their expression! And their hugs and kisses!;) It took us Three days to get home, so with the day it took us to unload and load, it took us 7 days. We got home Saturday night, just in time to see the fireworks, but we were too tired to care! I saw a few from Blackfoot and could see the top of the IF fireworks, but I only looked to see if I could see them then I got in bed and fell soundly to sleep. Ahhhhh to sleep in a bed that didn't move or vibrate, and it was quite. Yes!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment