The kids and I made a fast trip to Phoenix this past week. Travis played in a baseball tournament down there. We stopped in St. George and saw Grandma on the way. It was the first time we've been to her house down there. It was fun to see where she lives in the winter and we really liked St. George. Maybe that will be a place we consider to move to someday.
We also stopped by the Grand Canyon on the way as well. It was a bit cool but still a lot warmer than what we left in Idaho. What a wonder! We went through Zion's National Park as well. It was a great surprise as we just thought we were going the shortest way. It was beautiful, we actually liked it better than the Grand Canyon and wished we could have spent more time enjoying it's wonders.
We actually stayed in Tempe Arizona but Travis's games were in Mesa. It was great weather for baseball. There were oranges on the trees around one of the fields he played on so I took a few pictures of them.
Our team didn't have a chance to practice outside before we went to Arizona, so I think we did alright. We only won one of six games. The Arizona and California teams have been playing since last September so they were very good. It would be fun to play a team after we have been playing for most of our season. At least we didn't get skunked. We got at least one run in in every game. :-}
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Our trip to Phoenix
Posted by Debbie at 8:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Jake looks like he was just hit by Travis. Oh the orange blossoms, how I miss yummy citrus. Fresh Lemonade the best. I'm glad you had a great time. I wish I could of been there and you could of laid out at our pool.
Post a Comment